Thursday, December 15, 2005

Introducing Yet Another Comics Blog (read: hopefully you will find some of the info on this blog interesting and maybe even useful)

Hi All,

My name is C.J. Sloan and first of all, I want to let everyone know that I am by no means an expert on comics or comic-related information. I am merely a comic fanboy who has been reading comics since 1992 (I jumped on the DC bandwagon with the Death of Superman) and who has a real appreciation for what comics and graphic novels have to offer in the realm of great storytelling. I am a huge fan of DC comics as will be easily understood during the course of reading my blog. I have also collected Marvel, Image, Wildstorm, Top Cow, Cliffhanger, and various other publishers' comics but have always come back to DC because they have the best characters and stories on a continual basis (in other words, I also really like Wildstorm, but comics worth reading published by them in the last 4 or 5 years are sporadic, at best).

I have decided to try my hand at blogging in an attempt to not only rid myself of the boredom caused by the monotony of full-time work (Civil Engineering), but also possibly shed some light on what
comics are actually worth reading and tell anyone who wants to listen why comic books are not for kids anymore. With this blog I will attempt to provide a place on the web where new comic book fans (and old ones) can come and get up-to-date information, indepth reviews of the latest comics, and interesting links to comic-related websites. So, without further ado, it is now time to jump right in to the wonderful world of comics. Oh yeah...DC rules!

Your Comics Authority (kind of) On The Web,

C.J. Sloan

No comments: